The purpose of the Mount Calvary Baptist Church Sunday School is to bring people to faith in Christ, help them grow in grace and knowledge, which leads to a personal relationship that gives expresses through obedience to His Word.
We offer the following classes each Sunday morning at 9:30 am:
- Nursery – Alice Green and Leslie Valentine-Kane
- Primary – Anita Hemphill
- Intermediate 1 – Rev Darryl Harshaw, Cynthia Harshaw and Ericka Pirtle
- Intermediate 2 – Rebecca Simpson
- Middle School – Rev. Ben Hemphill and Michelle Moss
- High School – Teresie Walker and Dr. Martin-Roberson.
- Young Adult – Rev. Denise Richardson
- M.C.M. Harris – Kristi Harper and Deaconess Jackie Robinson
- Women – Rev JoAnn Hackler, Annette Bailey, Elvira Hodges, Anita Johnson, Sonya Sneed, Geraldine Taylor and Catherine Williams
- Men – Deacons Charles Hackler and Wardell Milan
- The Son Shines – Joe Williams
- Advanced Adults – Deacon William James and Bonita Gillespie
- Prayer – Rev. Dr. Marcus Blakemore
- Mid Adult – Deacon Earl Lewis and Deaconess Chevelle Lewis
Your Journey From Mourning To Joy
In the GriefShare class you will learn how to walk the journey of grief while beingsupported on the way. It is a place where hurting people find healing and hope. The class is divided into three parts. At each class you will view a video featuring personal stories of people like you who are grieving the death of a loved one, along with expert insights on topics important to grief recovery. After the video you will become part of a small support group discussion followed by a workbook exercise.
Time – To Be Announced
This class will facilitate your search through the Scriptures of what God has to say about marriage. The class is centered on discussion questions that are designed to be answered and shared by a couple. The intent is to increase mutual understanding and encourage a common vision for how their partnership will grow.
Dave Ramsey (Christian Talk Radio Personality) presents this thirteen-week program by video. Students learn all aspects of financial management. The main concept is to “Eliminate Debt and Build Wealth God’s Way.”